- Full day or half day position
Lycoderm Laboratories has a vacancy for a formulation chemist that can assist with new product development.
We are looking for an energetic, dedicated, confident, motivated, hardworking individual with a ‘can do’ attitude. You will be instrumental in working with the senior management team in developing formulations for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, aesthetic practitioners as well as other established premium skincare brands.
New Product Development
- Oversee and co-ordinate the research and development of new products as per request.
- Development for formulas through stability, micro and compatibility testing
- Quick turnaround time for formulations, method of manufacture and finished product specification of all approved products
- Compilation of product dossiers on final project approval to include all technical data on raw materials researched and used, all development formulae, the final approved formulation, the product costing, the ingredient listing, the master batch manufacturing record and any other relevant notes pertaining to the project.
- Present new ideas and innovative solutions
- Keeping up to date with international trends
EDUCATION KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in formulating in the skincare, personal care and colour cosmetics sector
- Educational requirements include matric, and BSc or National Diploma in Chemistry or Coschem Diploma
- At least 3 or more years’ experience in Cosmetic R&D environment
- Good communication and writing skills
- Potential candidates will be screened via an online screening platform.
Interested candidates can send their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org.